Applicants must be in receipt of:
• Income Support
• Income –based Job Seekers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and not receiving Working Tax Credit
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
The pupil(s) must be resident in County Durham (excluding the boundaries of
Darlington Borough Council).
Durham County Council offer a grant of up to £35 towards the cost of both a winter coat and a pair of shoes. This will be awarded per item subject to eligibility criteria.
Pupils are only entitled to assistance from the Fund twice during their school life; Once during Primary Education and again during Secondary Education.
The fund is managed by Thornhill Primary School, Shildon.
Sign up to Monkey to help make your money go further and to take advantage of our great deals and discounts.
Download an application form here or contact Thornhill Primary School.